Sama hvaða skoðanir fólk hefur á hlýnun jarðar – og það virðist vera nóg af þeim þessa dagana – þá er eitt sem fólk ætti að geta verið sammála um: Við förum ekkert rosalega vel með plánetuna okkar!
Þessar 18 myndir eru eins og blaut tuska í andlitið og vonandi fá þær fólk til að gera það sem þau geta til að halda heiminum hreinum, alveg óháð hnattrænni hlýnun.
1. Seabird feeding its chick with a cigarette butt.
2. A member of the Sri Lankan coast guard is covered in oil as he works to remove an oil spill at a beach in Uswetakeiyawa.
3. One of the polluted beaches in Bali
4. A gannet sits on a nest that was made with plastic remains.
5. A young boy collects plastic and other recyclable material from the polluted waters of Bab Demb Lake in Srinagar, India.
6. A piece of plastic garbage is stuck on this goose’s neck.
7. Chinese volunteers used floating plastic pollution to make a 68-meter-long “sperm whale” on World Ocean Day.
8. This seal pup is choking on fishing line.
9. Lantern Festival fireworks and production resumption after the Spring Festival were blamed for the heavy air pollution blanketing Beijing and its neighboring provinces in February 2019.
10. A woman looks at a view of Seoul, South Korea shrouded by fine dust during a polluted day on March 6, 2019.
11. A monkey playing with a plastic straw
12. Used single-serve coffee capsules at a recycling center in Bordeaux, France, April 2, 2019
13. The Eiffel Tower covered by high levels of air pollution as seen from Meudon in Paris, France on June 26, 2019.
14. Heartbreaking images show dozens of endangered storks scavenging leftovers at a landfill site which was installed on their natural habitat.
15. 1,690 cigarette butts were collected on a Malaysian beach in just one hour.
16. Children living in the Pantanal Favela in Brazil hunt frogs in polluted waters to help their families.
17. This photograph, taken on January 30, 2018, shows a woman and child walking through heavy smog in the town of Obiliq on the outskirts of Pristina.